Wilburton CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We really value the support of volunteers in school and often rely on additional help when, for example, going on a visit. Your help is welcome at just about any time of the school day. Regular helpers in school will be expected to be DBS checked as part of our safeguarding procedures. There are lots of ways you can help in school. What you do depends on what is needed at the time and also on your own skills and interests. If you offer to hear children read, we prefer that to be in the afternoon if possible. Currently we have helpers:
- Hearing readers
- Helping in practical lessons such as science or design technology
- Supporting Forest School activities
- Photocopying, laminating and making resources
- Making displays
- Helping or being a committee member of the WSA
- Being on the WOOSC (Kids’ Club) committee
Please contact the School Office or David if you are able to offer your support.